As part of installing an APK, you will also need an OBB/Data file if you are downloading a large app or game. Basically, the purpose of this article is to explain how to install an apk with OBB/Data.
What are OBB files?
The OBB/Data file can be added to an Apk as an additional file. The apk files for some apps or games are so large that they cannot be compressed. As a result, developers created another file, the OBB file, to facilitate the arrangement of more data. If you download a large-sized game or app from the google play store, you first download the apk file followed by the OBB file, which is referred to as an additional file.
Installing the OBB/Data file requires what?
The following are some requirements for installing the OBB file:
- ES file explorer can be used as a file manager
- APK and obb files
Creating the OBB/Data file:
- Begin by downloading the apk and obb files:
- Once the apk file has been installed, enable the option “unknown resources”.
- Go to the current directory and unzip the Zip file2.
- Open the folder in which the OBB file is located Select Android > OBB and move the folder there
- Congratulations! Click on the game or app to open it.
You can use our method to install an apk with an OBB file to install an apk quickly. You can download big sized apps and games, such as PUBG, GTA San Andreas, and Extreme Landing, through Google Play. However, not all file managers include cut, copy, and paste functionality. It is recommended that you install ES file explorer if you plan on using it. PUBG, GTA San Andreas, and Extreme Landing are all big sized games that you can download easily.