Using an iOS system is a bit easier and if you’re using a Mac, just select the Apple icon near the top left corner. You can change the network settings by clicking the drop-down menu under advanced settings. There is an IR address.
What is LAN Minecraft?
Joining a LAN Minecraft session requires two essential factors. The first is:
- This is the port number
- IP address of computer that hosts the LAN server
If you do not already understand these terms, let us explain them to you. In some instances, the game logs contain the port number, which is usually a five digit code you receive when creating a LAN server. You will need to set up a single-player world in Minecraft before you can connect to a LAN. Taking advantage of the LAN button, adjust the game mode and the cheats (allowing or disabling) once you have generated it. In the settings of your device, scroll to the bottom to find your IP address.
As soon as you have your IP address and port number, select Multiplayer from the game menu. You can enter both the IP address and port number to connect to the server by clicking on the direct connect button. Connect your LAN server by typing your computer’s IP address, followed by a colon, and then the next five digits of the port number.
Running Java and Bedrock Edition on a LAN server
Using the Java Edition;
- Pause the game
- Next, click “Open to LAN”.
- Check if cheating is allowed in the default game mode
- Then click “Start LAN World”.
Bedrock Edition comes with LAN gaming as a default. Changes can only be made in multiplayer settings as the world mode does not allow such changes.
What to do if you get the “Server Connection Timed Out” error in Minecraft on Windows
Windows users can fix the Minecraft ‘Server Connection Timed Out’ error in several ways. Here are some examples:
- The first thing you should do if you encounter a problem is to make sure all of the Minecraft servers are functioning properly. Several tools are available for checking Minecraft servers, including mcsrvstat.us.
- If a Minecraft server mistakenly blocks your IP address, you should reset your network configurations to receive a new IP address to prevent such a situation from occurring.
- Minecraft may also be blocked by your firewall if it is configured that way. When that happens, you must allow Minecraft access through your firewall.
- When such errors occur, you should disable your antivirus software temporarily.
- Alternately, you can switch to another version of Minecraft if you experience this issue.